Chicago Employment Law. Know Your Rights. Know Your Options.
Finding a path through any difficult situation is hard. Whether considering an employment or severance agreement or battling discrimination or retaliation, as an employee you have rights. As a manager, you have obligations because in many situations you can be personally liable. Either way, you have options.
The Wood Law Office, LLC concentrates in helping protect employees’ civil rights by ensuring employees and managers understand their rights, obligations and options.
Years of experience representing employers – including municipalities, small businesses and Fortune 500 companies – allows for unique insight into legal issues employees and employers face.
And years of experience representing employees in negotiations, mediations, arbitrations and court proceedings – including class actions – allows for dependable, dedicated and determined representation.
Whether you’re worried that you’re being asked to do something illegal, trying to survive an unanticipated job change, negotiating an agreement or seeking to press your claims to the fullest, you should know your rights. If you are manager, you should know your obligations – because in many situations you can be individually liable for what happens at work. Either way, you should know your options.
Types Of Employment Law Issues
The Wood Law Office, LLC represents employees in the following types of matters:
- Discrimination with respect to hiring, pay, promotion, termination or other employment opportunities.
- Discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, family rights and responsibilities, military status, sexual orientation or other protected status.
- Harassment or hostile environment.
- Retaliation, whistle-blowing and wrongful termination.
- Wages, overtime, vacation and improper withholdings.
- Employment agreements, severance agreements and compensation agreements.
- Non-compete and non-solicitation agreements.
The Wood Law Office, LLC helps managers understand when they can be personally liable for employment issues they may face at work and advises them how to uphold the law while protecting their careers.
The Wood Law Office, LLC also represents employers in conducting policy reviews, anti-discrimination and anti-harassment training, counseling and workplace investigations.
Contact our office today to better understand your options.